Murtuza Mukhtarov

Azerbaijan is a well-known country with oil millionaires. Shamsi Asadullayev, Musa Nagiyev, Haji Zeynalabdin Tagiyev, Murtuza Mukhtarov are the millionaires.

Murtuza Mukhtarov was born in 1857 in the village of Amirjan. Murtuza began to work  in one of the mines laid on the Balakhani-Zabrat villages. An entrepreneur named Martov sees the will of M. Mukhtarov and teaches him the mechanics of mechanical engineering and oil-gasping machines. In a short time he is appointed master. An old entrepreneur sells his own workshop to him.

In 1890, Murtuza Mukhtarov expanded his workshop and began to cooperate with many countries.

For the first time in 1895, he set up a machine gun and for this he received a copyright from the state. Later, his invention is named as “Baku digging system”.

At the same time in 1917, wood-hew counter was invented by him for the first time. At present this machine is preserved at the “Mountain –Mining” Institute in Sankt – Petersburg.

M.Mukhtarov sold the machine tools and equipment produced in his factory in foreign countries.  He bought multi-purpose equipment from abroad, especially from America. After the revolution, the equipment was sent to Baku from abroad to his name.

Oil millionaire M.Mukhtarov was also engaged in charity work. M.Mukhtarov built his own mosque in Amirjan village and Vladikavkaz. Murtuza Mukhtarov was known for his kindness and helped many poor families.

During the period of power failure in North Gres and Shuvalan, Mukhtarov for the first time builds electric dynamics, provides electricity to Shuvalan and Mardakan settlements. For this purpose, he builds a lake near Pirallahi settlement. The building called “Palace of happiness” was built in Baku city by Mukhtarov. In 1902, Murtuza Mukhtarov built a school for children in Amirjan settlement and Vladikavkaz During the revolution in Iran and Turkey in 1911 M.Mukhtarov helped to his people and state. At that time,military hostages were brought to Baku. Among these captives there were Turkish men. At a time when thirst and antisanitarysm took place, M.Mukhtarov registered Turkish soldiers as “dead prisoners” from infectious diseases and brought them to Baku and threw stones in the sea in Nargin island under the name “Dead”.  For this purpose, he transfers a large amount of money to the emperor’s treasury, although these transfers were banned by the state.

         Once M.Mukhtarov while waiting for the train at the station in Besland, two Leitnants in the Circassian dress attract his attention. Leitinants put carpets on the floor to do” Namaz”. Mukhtarov saw that an old man began to pray. Murtuza learns his identity and it is known that о is the well-known general Toganov in Vladikavkaz. They meet, Tuganov invites Mukhtarov to his home. M.Mukhtarov accepts this invitation. While being Toganov’s family, M. Mukhtarov  loves his little daughter Liza at first sight, and later builds a family life with her.

After building a family life, they go on a trip to Europe. The architecture of the buildings in Venice, Italy, fascinates the oilfield and builds a similar Palace in Baku for a year (1911-1912). Each column of the palace, its branches, shrubs and flowers, decorations of windows and doors is a unique work of art, a pearl of architecture. The palace was designed in the style of the famous French architect Ploshko ” Gothic “. One of the buildings built by Murtuza Mukhtarov in “Gothic” style with beautiful architecture is currently located at the dendrology Institute. This building was founded in 1895. This beautiful garden, inherited from oil millionaire Murtuza Mukhtarov to his people, is currently in use by the people. The first version of the film “Arshin mal alan”, the beautiful pearl of the Azerbaijani cinema collection,” do not be afraid I am with you”,” headless rider”,” Vaziri – Khani – Lankaran “and so on. Films, as well as a number of music clips were produced. In 1920, Murtuza Mukhtarov didn’t subordinate to Soviet power, killed a Bolshevik soldier in his city house and killed himself with a second bullet. His wife Liza Mukhtarova died in Germany in 1956.

The soil composition of the Dendrology Institute is of alkaline content (PH 8-9), gray and sandy soil type, according to the mechanical composition. The soil composition is 80-85% lime. The soil layer of the Dendrology Institute was not useful for sowing, with 20-40 cm deep limestone cliffs. At that time, M. Mukhtarov, the owner of the garden, brought the soil cover that was suitable for planting in the Lankaran region (1926). It seems that the research work carried out by laboratories in this artificial ecosystem created here plays a comprehensive role in solving many ecological problems from Absheron’s environmental factors.

In the garden, along with water pools, 6 artificial waterfalls have been built, which look very beautiful in the overall composition of the garden. Reflecting the history of the Institute of dendrology, the construction of 4underground water amber, which is still known to date, is considered a historical monument not only for this garden, but also for our republic. The diameter of the Wells is 8-13 m, and the average depth is 36m. These wells have 3 crossing lines.

Since 1997, the Institute of dendrology has been reconstructed. The garden has historical monuments, underground wells, a beautiful conference hall of world standards, the Academy’s guest house, parks and fountains. There are 4 wells at the Institute of Dendrology of ANAS. According to the information obtained, the depth of a well from 4 wells located on the territory of the Institute is up to 29 m. The depth of the well with a depth of 29 m up to the water is 19m, the part with the remaining water is 10 m.  Historically, unknown, this well has underground passages. This road leads to the Caspian Sea.

Currently, the Institute of Dendrology employs 169 employees, including 4 doctors of Sciences, 23 candidates of Sciences, 64 scientific workers. Rich plant collections, results of scientific activity, numerous books have earned the Institute of Dendrology an international reputation. The plant collections of the Institute of Dendrology have been a unique landscape ensemble, using the best examples of park design and compiled with Eastern and Western park architecture traditions.